Milestones Equestrian Achievement Program is a non-profit therapeutic horseback riding program for individuals with disabilities.
We strive to assist each rider to become an innovative and productive member of the community by building independence, self-confidence, and social skills in a fun, loving environment. The benefits, physical, cognitive, and psychological, are unique to horseback riding. Therapeutic horseback riding is an invaluable supplement to traditional therapies.
Psychological and Behavior benefits:
- Teaches trust through the rider/horse bond
- Teaches problem solving skills
- Increases self-confidence and self-discipline
- Teaches patience
- Enhances decision making skills
- Increases the ability to focus and stay on task
- Provides an increase in self-esteem and pride
- Instills a sense of accomplishment
- Improves balance, posture, and strengthens muscles
- Improves coordination
- Improves range of motion
- Replicates a muscle movement pattern similar to walking
- Stimulates the vestibular, nervous and circulatory systems
May 18, 2013 Click for more information and ticket purchase
Volunteers are the backbone of Milestones, we could always use more help around the barn and in the office.
Dath keeps a journal so everyone can stay up to date on what’s happening with the horses at Milestones.
There are always updates and maintenance needing completion at a working stable. We need many things, small and large.